Received your letter, I had fully intended to send you a note in the
mail first and foremost to say "thank you" once more for the
gift that you gave to us at the closing. I can tell you it has been much
appreciated and already put to good use. I can't believe how challenging
it has been moving from a home after so many years, not to mention how
I want to apologize for contacting you via e-mail, but I hope you will
understand between unpacking at least 65/70 boxes and trying to find a
home for so much "stuff', plus life does go on day to day which for
us means lots of medical issues. Bob is no longer receiving chemo as it
has stopped working for him. The day we saw his doctor and got that news
she told us that the FDA had just approved a new drug, the studies just
completed. She wants Bob to go on this, she gave us paperwork to review.
We saw her yesterday and said ok, (what else can you do?)? So now the job
begins of getting him approved by his insurance and if they do say ok,
what is the cost going to be? It is typically very costly, a lot of times
well over $100,000! So we will continue to pray and
wait to see if her office can get him approval.
Bob and I feel that we made a good choice when we asked you to handle
the sale of the house, you and Walt were always very accessible and
willing to help in every instance. You dear lady have a great personality
for the business you are in. You were always very upbeat and that kept, us
most times, hopeful that the house would sell in a reasonable time and for
an ok price. Let's face it, another time and we might have been able to
sell for more, which is everyone's dream, but the times are what they are.
I will also tell you that I pushed to at least talk with you initially
because I loved the family newsletter that you sent out a few times. My
mind said a lady who feels comfortable talking about family is my kind of
person. Then when we met with you, Bob said ok let's do it. You were 1 of
3 realtors that we had come to the house.
We have already told several folks if they decide to sell their homes
to give you a call, including our daughter and her husband whom you have
met. I do know that they will not be moving anytime in the near future,
probably at least another year. We will I'm sure continue to tell anyone
interested in selling a home to contact you.
Right now everything here is still pretty chaotic, probably will take
us a good 2 months to get squared away, hopefully by Christmas we will be
feeling comfortable about our new location. At least as comfortable as I
think we are going to feel, period.
If you have the time, please consider this an open invitation to visit
if you are able. Please give our best to Walt, and thank you again to both
of you. It has been our good fortune to have worked with both of you.
Have a good day!
MaryGrace & Bob